The Internet workspace poses more threat than ever and information which is the lifeblood of today's business is at tremendous risk. Employee credentials, student information, partner files, research papers and business strategy, account information can be easily compromised if the right security is not put in place.
Over the past 5 years, the proliferation of peer-to-peer (P2P) and instant messaging and social network traffic has profoundly affected networks—not only because they are continuously increasing bandwidth requirements, but because this type of traffic bypasses traditional security technologies, such as firewalls, which tend to reside in the core or data center. Moreover, the nature and frequency of malicious attacks is changing. Enterprises are facing an onslaught of increasingly targeted attacks on their network and this makes it a necessity to install a security infrastructure in place in the intranet and at the enterprise edge.
To Protect corporate resources and mitigate these attacks, application intelligence and security—including a rapid and flexible means of identification through technologies such as deep packet inspection is needed throughout the network. However, only recently has there been innovations to address this issue by technologies from industry leaders such as Microsoft and Cisco.
The need for a highly secured internet infrastructure is quite critical and can't be overemphasized because the attacks on networks are increasingly sophisticated putting organizations into more risk. To make matters more complicated not all attacks are from external circles as some originate from the internal network.
Present day Internet landscape requires a greater degree of security particularly in an age where a 10 year-old kid could bring down an enterprise information infrastructure. The growth of internet attack and malicious code is increasing daily. Your computer and your company’s network is at great risk without any security infrastructure designed to fulfill your network security needs and allows the security system to grow with business needs, providing the ability to effect Proactive Content Filtering and Bandwidth Management.
Why Implement a Security Infrastructure?
- Protect internal network resources by screening all incoming and outgoing Internet traffic.
- Ensure network access and network reliability.
- Manage secured traffic across different sections of the network.
- Authenticate users to make them more accountable and to control access based on users and groups.
- Provide useful reports and detailed logging information for both inbound and outbound traffic.
- Provide fast, secure access to internal servers.
- Implement technologies to allow for collaboration.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of information being transferred.
- Cost-effectively enable remote user connectivity to the corporate network.
- Cost-effectively create a secure and fault tolerant site-to-site VPN between offices.
Whatever you may want to accomplish regarding Web security/ Content Filtering, VPN, Firewall and Bandwidth Management, the solution is right here at CLEON.